Terms & Conditions
1. Your Photoshoot Appointment and Gallery Presentation must be pre-booked; no walk-ins.
2. Dates and times for all appointments are weekday only (we find mornings work best for newborns).
3. A purchased Photosession, a competition prize or an auction prize may not be sold to any third parties.
4. If a deposit is taken to hold your Photo Experience it is non-refundable if either the Photoshoot Appointment or Gallery Presentation Appointment are altered with less than 24 hours notice.
5. If you or your children are sick, please give 24 hours notice. I know that emergencies occur. However, if there is no phone call or you are a no show, you will lose your session fee.
6. In the unlikely event of a technical issue or if we unfortunately have to cancel your Photo Experience you will be entitled to either a refund of your booking session fee or preferably we can simply reschedule. However you will not be eligible for any compensation and our maximum liability shall be limited to the deposit of your Photo Experience.
7. Cameras, mobile phones and camcorders are not permitted during any Photo Experience or Gallery Presentation.
8. We will always endeavour to take photos that match your requirements. However our foremost concern is your baby’s safety and so we may need to use our discretion regarding what is safely achievable.
9. For all orders, a minimum deposit of 50% is required at time of order. Balance is payable upon receiving your order.
10. If any referrals made by you go on to make an order, we will credit you with £100 to spend on further items from your photo session. This credit cannot be exchanged for cash. The new client must inform us that they were referred by you when their photo session is booked – later declarations of referring will not be valid.
11. All portraits, albums, frames, etc are non refundable. Orders cannot be changed or cancelled due to the custom nature of the products.
12. On occasions we may need to modify the dimensions or finish of the portraits, albums, frames etc to ensure your artwork is portrayed in the best manner. We do not guarantee to be able to produce every image to every dimension and finish listed in the Product Guide. Additionally due to the limitations of computer monitors and print methods there may be a subtle difference between the colour balance seen during your Gallery Presentation and that of your final artwork. This does not affect your statutory rights.
13. I will call when your order is ready. Thank you for your patience. Orders need to be picked up from the studio please.
14. Please handle your prints with care. Any damage to a print or product that has left the studio is the responsibility of the client and there will be a fee to replace it.
15. Baby Photography Ltd reserves the right to use images for display, publication or other purposes. However we respect that you may not wish us to use certain images on social media. Therefore please let us know during your Gallery Presentation if this may present an issue.
16. We will not retain the majority of the images for any longer than 14 days. However, some may be stored longer than 14 days if we wish to use them for display, publication or other purposes.
17. Copyright: As an artist I would like to have complete control over my images to ensure proper quality control. Images that are scanned or poorly represented, not only affect my reputation, but does not ensure the images is portrayed in the way it was intended. For these reasons all images are copyrighted by Baby Photography Ltd. This means it is a criminal offence to scan, copy or reproduce in any manner images, unless you have received written permission from Baby Photography Ltd. This includes copying from blogs, Facebook, Instagram or any other form. Fines and a jail term can be imposed. If purchasing digital images, a full print release will be given.
A word of warning. Some parents see images of babies in extravagant poses and may think they are exactly as they seem. However I can assure you they are not. They are composite images created in Photoshop. It requires a lot of experience and complete knowledge to master this specialised niche while keeping the baby safe, and should never be attempted if you’re unsure about what you’re doing.
Please enquire if in doubt. Thank you for your respect and honesty.