Preparing for and welcoming a new baby into the world is a busy time. So we've put together a list of local businesses that you may find can assist you to make the transition into parenthood as smooth and memorable as possible.
1. If you are still pregnant, you may be interested in private ultrasound scans:
"Ultrasound Direct Babybond Maidstone provides high definition diagnostic private pregnancy ultrasound baby scans, Women’s health ultrasound screening and Men’s health ultrasound screening, delivered by a team of highly trained healthcare professionals serving Bolton’s local community. Baby scanning services includes 13 comprehensive scans from early scans and NIPT Scans through to 4D baby scans. Whilst the Men and Women’s diagnostic scan range include Pelvic scanning, Abdominal scanning, Stoke screening through to Musculoskeletal scanning. Appointments are available during the daytime, evenings and weekends. Please visit us to book an appointment online today. http://www.ultrasound-direct.com/clinic-locations/maidstone/ "
2. Antenatal classes are a joy to attend. You make friends at them that will last a lifetime, and BirthPlus are unique in Sevenoaks as they are run by experienced midwives. "The BirthPlus ethos is all about providing midwife-led antenatal courses for first-time parents-to-be. The emphasis is on enjoying a wealth of professionally-delivered informative birth-prep content whilst socializing in a fun and friendly atmosphere." And the best bit? At the end of the course, BirthPlus graduates receive an Exclusive special offer when you book a Newborn Experience with us.
3. Equilibrium complete Antenatal & Hypnobirthing Course, is run by Natalie. Having hypnobirthed her own breech baby at home, she is truly passionate about "acheiveing the right birth on the day".
When you book on one of her 4 week group courses held at Springbank Clinic in central Sevenoaks, you will even receive a complimentary Maternity Session with us here at BabyPhotography.co.uk with an 8x6in Gift Frame of your favourite image; a package worth £146!
4. Gabrielle is an ex-midwife who has extended her training and is now an experienced hypnobirthing teacher and a practitioner of the 3-step rewind technique to lift birth trauma. She is the Sevenoaks & West Kent leader of ZenBirth hypnobirthing antenatal classes.
Gabrielle & Heather have got together and negotiated an amazing offer; when clients book on one of Gabrielles group courses they will receive a complimentary Maternity Session with us here at BabyPhotography.co.uk with their favourite image from the session produced as a Size 3 Canvas; a package worth £299!
5. Rosie is a midwife who runs Mind your Bump, a complete antenatal education and hypnobirthing course that can be attended at group classes in Sevenoaks, or private bespoke courses in your own home.
6. With lots to buy, you'll be able to save money when you shop locally if you invest in a Love Local Card
"LoveLocal Card is a brilliant new way to support, promote and enjoy living in Sevenoaks. From grabbing a coffee on the way to rugby, to a long and lazy Sunday lunch with friends, (having called the plumber, oh and sorted out that last minute birthday present) – we’ve got it all covered. Offering exclusive discounts at over 160 of the brightest and best restaurants, retail, trades & services in Sevenoaks, you can feel good about supporting our community while making some great savings." Show your Love Local Card to receive your favourite image in a complimentary 7x5in Gift Frame.
7. Too tired to make dinner? Cook sell homemade meals ready to pop straight into the oven. The best bit? They offer 10% off for new parents for the first 6 months! They are located in Blighs shopping precinct in central Sevenoaks.
"Remarkable food for your freezer, made like you would at home."
8. Little Poppet & Co are an independent family run nursery store located in Bat & Ball, north Sevenoaks.
They have a huge range, and the customer service provided by Caroline & David is second to none. Shopping here supports a local business; something I am passionate about doing.